Sunday 15 May 2011

Something so simple.

Weekly I've struggled to get myself out of bed and head to church at the Salvation Army in Mt Albert, Mt Albert is a completely family orieentated corps and is the opposite to my family in Napier which I <3 so much. Napier is a large corps with a solid youth group, childrens ministry and other various aspects to the corps. Everyone tries to know everyone yet sometimes its just to hard.
Mt Albert is small, and everyone pretty much knows everyone, theres less kids in the whole corps than on the 3-7 year olds roll at Napier.
But yesterday I went to church and I walked away so happy. I ended up with the under 5 year olds during the meeting, it felt so good to be in a ministry where I feel at home. The kids are not like my kids at home, the 4 of them were hard work and there were 3 leaders! I've been out in pebbles @ Napier before with 22 3-7 year olds alone and that was a challenge yet so rewarding. But yesterday I was challenged and not rewarded, yet I felt so happy to be able to finally give and be with kids again. The joy they bring to my life, the smiles they give, the cheeky behaviour. All of that makes me smile and feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment