Sunday 27 March 2011

It's a Time to Fight.

Saturday was a tough day for some of the people closest to my heart. After a LONG day I got home to see many uneasy posts over my facebook feed.
Reading into these brought tears to my eyes, messages of hope for a family that lie close to my heart, newspaper links and photos.
There was an accident @ 5am near my house in Napier, my family described it as an awakening fright as they heard the car plow into and around the large fenced property about 50m's from my house. The subaru legacy proceded to catch on fire. As I read the article I saw that there was an 18 year old in a critical condition fighting for their life. After further investigation I soon began to weep even more as I discovered that was one of my best friends little brothers.
My second family were currently packing up belongings and preparing to journey to wellington to meet their critcally injured son who had been transferred just hours earlier.
With one daughter a 5 hour drive from them north, and their son who was a 5 hour drive south, times were very uneasy for the family. Thalia one of my best friends, and sister got a ride and drove through the night to get home to her family before they set off to see their loved son, brother and friend.

He's a fighter and there's no doubt in my mind that he's not. He's a strong willed, brave guy who has a big heart. Having changed his ways he became a role model to younger people all around him.  He's got a strong love for his culture and ancestors and is one of the most amazing Basketball players I've ever seen.

You can pull through this with your family at your side buddy! xx

I've heard of people praying for you, praying for your family and praying for a miracle! People who i personally know would never pray, they would never pray for anyone but you! They know you, they love you and they can't wait to see you pull through the other side.

It's our generations time to shine, it's time to fight for what we believe in and that God will pull through for us! We believe in you, we believe in your potential in this world and we believe God will help you through this!

Kia Kaha, Kia Toa!

Much Love bro! xx <3
The ute in what was someones fully fenced front yard.

The Subaru which our critically injured friend was in. And the ute. That whole area nearly to the corner was fenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment